Saturday, January 19, 2013

Guns & Internet Memes, NRA Style

Memes. Either we share them because we agree, or complain about them. Either we share them because we agree, or complain about them. Here is a list that NRA and other gun enthusiast love that makes gun control advocates red with anger. Because I didn't create this myself. Each image comes with a source you can track it back to. Please complain to the original source, not the messenger please! :)

1. Here is a good one, if you look in the back you will see a guy holding a sign that says, "Ban Ignorance, Not Guns."  Well, "guns" is missing the first two letters, but, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to finish this game of "hangman". Who is banning all guns? Not knowing the facts that you are protesting is ignorant, wouldn't you say?


photo source: News Max

2. Comparing gun control to racism, great move! I found this one over at a Tumbler blog that is a gold mine of pro-gun propaganda, I have to wonder if the owner is paid by the NRA.


3.  Gun control linked to the Oklahoma City Bombing by Timothy McVeigh. Interesting and accurate, people will always find a way to kill other people. Yes, but that doesn't mean we have to help them kill other people by giving them access to dangerous weapons that most agree belong only with our military and other trained law enforcement. 




4. I don't understand this one, so maybe someone can explain it. It doesn't say anything to me.





5. Yes! Guns and beer, great combination! This is a a great example of safety! 




6. Really? Now that is mature. Tell that to the parents of the 20 children mutilated by the guns at Sandy Hook.




7. Here is one that is completely false, Obama hasn't say anything, his administration hasn't said anything about banning all guns. If you believe I'm wrong, please provide me information so I can see this for myself.


A little off topic, but where were your protests about this?




8. Another completely false statement and it is preposterous if you take the time to think about it! If you don't believe me, check this out. In fact, I downloaded this in Excel to calculate the exact numbers. This data from the FBI is only for the year 2011. The total murders by firearms were 8,593 compared to knives and other sharp weapons were1,694.


But hey, nice try. Too bad my paper beats your scissors in this real life example. 


9. Putting smiley faces on guns and calling them "nice."  Yes, the gun is the obvious victim, not the dead children. Silly me for thinking children were more important! 




10. This may just be the most offensive one yet! It compares gay marriage to gun control and abortion. Apparently you have more of a right to have an assault rifle then to marry the person you love or control over your own body. I must have missed that part of democracy. 





I am sure you can find many more memes better then these. Sadly, there is more ignorance than common sense in America.  

Let me know if you enjoyed this, leave a comment and I may make another one! 

2 comments:

  1. Since you like the FBI website for statistics, here's one for you: total homicides for Newtown/Sandy Hook, CT for the year 2014 was "0". That is correct - there were no murders in Newtown or Sandy Hook in 2014, the year is supposedly happened. Perhaps you should research it thoroughly or are you afraid of what you will find out? As they say, in this age of information, ignorance is a choice. It was a conspiracy, for sure. It's not just a theory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother found Custom Writing Service HelpWriting.net and ordered a couple of works. Their customer service is outstanding, never left a query unanswered.

    ReplyDelete